Feeling Low? What to do...

 
You must have read diverse opinions or heard of many ways to overcome that low mood or feeling of being fed up with life's challenges. I have read some and they all proffered similar solutions. I don't know about you, but none worked out for me.

The truth is; nobody yearns for that low, I give up, I am frustrated mood which is usually triggered by stress. Nobody want to be there. However when it happens, try not to be astonished by the techniques and suggestions that would be proffered by your family and friends as most of them would offer solutions that could leave you dazed for months. Just the same way they rush to conclude that every ailment is malaria, having a low mood is a good reason for everyone to become a Medical personnel overnight. People would start throwing suggestions, commands and every crude solution at you. Some might suggest drinking Agboh (a local anti-malaria brew), going for deliverance or fasting and prayers because your village people might be at work. You are expected to man up and face your challenges squarely besides no be only you get problems. Trust Naija nah, we are simply marvelous

I have come to realize that there is no template for snapping out of that low frustrating place we, once in awhile, find ourselves descending into. In fact, once you are low, nobody and nothing would matter to you.

The first time I hit that mood, talking to people was the least thought on my mind. All the positive thoughts eluded me and all I wanted to do was; stay locked up in my room and brood about my misfortunes. After some hours of starving myself and embracing all the pessimism I could muster, I knew I had to overcome. I yearned to break out of that dark place. With that strong desire, came a new energy and before long, I was back to my old-happy self.

If you are or have been battling with that "give up", "I am frustrated" mood, I am sure you are wondering; how did she accomplish that?

How did I pull it off?

First off, these are not expert solutions. The fact they worked for me does not mean that  they would do same for you. However, I can gladly say that these steps are better than hitting the bar, getting high or engaging in bungabunga...don't ask me for the meaning

What are they? Lets go ...

Naps – 

Is there a better way to forget all your worries? I am sure you know the answer to that.

Indulge yourself. Find a serene place and take that long, necessary and revitalizing nap. You are not a robot, even machines get turned off or shut down so do yourself that favor. It will help your brain to reboot, think clearly and figure out a solution to that problem.

Music

This is a healer for me. I don’t know what genre of music you like, but whenever I am at that point I prefer the heavy metal and hip hop music. No R&B or soul for me. Thank you sir!! I prefer listening with the headphones, that way, I get to feel the beat and before you know it, I am singing and dancing along.

If karaoke works for you, DO IT! Sing until something happens!

Laughter – 

The best medicine for your low soul. So, if you cannot afford a live comedy show or probably you are not sure if any is showing around you, just check online or ask a friend. That is why we live in a global village. Dig, search, find and see those funny videos or better still get up and go see a movie or that your crazy-hilarious friend. Allow your body to heal. Laugh your sorrows away and let go of the pain .

Connect/ Reconnect – 

There are many ways of connecting thanks to social media. If you are not a fan of social media, then join a group, a dance class or simply  volunteer to help the less privileged and desolate. If you are not ready to do any of that, then pick up your phone and call the love of your life!

Yes, make that call. You need a shoulder or chest to lean on so do it. Enjoy the sweet nothings… (Clearing my throat). Connect with that lover. If you do not have anyone, then Reconnect with anyone who left a happy impression on your life.

Reconnecting with old buddies can also reawaken fond memories and help to heal the present pain. But be careful here. Connecting, Reconnecting or talking to your buddies does not mean you should dump all your worries at their feet. You can only do that with someone you trust. So just talk about those fond memories and forget the present hassle.

Cook/Bake – 

I love trying new things. I call them my little inventions. Whenever my gauge drops, I entertain myself by trying out new recipes and everyone around me gets to gain a few pounds.

WriteWrite…Write

This is the best time to write down all your accomplishments. So get a diary, write write and write. You are the author so feel free to express yourself in a language only you can understand. Allow yourself to be thankful. Sing yourself some praise songs. Give that back of yours a pat.

Don't forget to write about that sour mood. Bare your soul.

Read It – 

Never, Ever underestimate the power of a good story. If you don’t have a new book close at hand, simply go online, read journals; religious books; comics, or subscribe/login to NIKKYIVY'S BLOG

Read and enjoy the inspirational stories…YES! Get immersed in the narratives, take a deep breath and let all your worries go. Let's hope you won't want to be in the movies by the time you are done with the stories...


Comments

  1. This is the inspirational side of you, but it came a 'prophetic' moment. Your points are good. I try most of these and more: I pray or try to focus my mind on a passage of the Gospel. As I struggle to focus on it, gradually am lifted! When you are low, raise your heart to God in any way, He will uplift you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it to God in prayers and you will find peace...thank you Padre. I appreciate you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7